Thursday, October 16, 2014

Date with Ben...Benlysta that is!


Okay, I'm  alive - in pain - but I feel as if it's a living death.
Date Day today...I'm not sure how many infusions this makes...40 something? My body was in dyer need today. I've been tired and exhausted and in a lot of joint pain. The pain has even made it hard to sleep. I'm sure my lupus is flaring because of all the stress with my sister....and yes, stress can make everything worse! I wouldn't have believed that stress can effect your health until I was diagnosed with lupus, but now I am a firm believer that stress and a lack of rest are my two biggest flare factors.      I try to find moments each day, moments that allow me to breathe and find the good in my day. This morning, I found a moment on the way to my doctor's office. These moments help me to get through all of my hurdles. We all have obstacles in our lives. I am trying to not let my struggles define my life but let the way I handle my struggles make my life what it is God has planned. 
 Not an easy week...this week has been an emotionally draining week.  Mental note, I need to try to look happier next week;)




During the painful years when I struggled to get through each day, God was powerfully working behind the scenes to birth my book on hope. My memoir is truly about how God can take your trials to turn them into triumphs. He will transform your negative ordeals into positive encouragements!
 Another note, I'm going to start working out after sleeping off my infusion tomorrow. I am tired of feeling yucky and being thirty pounds heavier then should be. No excuses....not joints, fatigue, steroids, or eating to comfort myself. I want to look like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment