Monday, September 2, 2013

First Dove Hunt

The kids were excited to go to their first dove hunt. Around here, this is a big event and a part of life. All the men disappear during hunting season; be it squirrel, dove, turkey, deer, or duck. And after having kids, Cliff gave up hunting while the kids were small and while I was sick (with my lupus) so now that the kids are getting older, Cliff was ready to introduce them to hunting. We went to one of our good friends annual dove hunt. They cook and have tables and t.v.'s set up out in the middle of a few fields. It was great. Tip enjoyed shooting and retrieving the dead doves with Cliff and Ella McCray enjoyed playing with her friend Ann Charlotte. 
Today is Labor Day and we have no plans:) And I'm so glad....the only thing we did today was watch Cliff and his friend Clay move a couple more of our horses over to a new area they had finished fencing recently. I grew up riding horses, and after Cliff breaks these, I hope my kids will have the same memories and love of animals that I grew up with.















No comments:

Post a Comment