Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Date Night


So yesterday was bad....bad enough that I was not a positive person. I wasn't looking on the bright side or counting my blessings. I don't usually have "pity parties", but yesterday I felt bad and didn't want to have lupus. I really wanted to get back in bed, roll over and cry and be alone or sleeping all day. I have an upper respiratory and sinus infection (I think), but no matter what it is, I feel bad. And when I feel bad, I am more emotional or sensitive. So today I went to work and thought to myself "maybe I could stay home and home school my kids from now on so I don't have to get up for work or to take the kids to school". That's tired....and I hate being that person. I want to be a positive person. A person who overcomes bad situations. Well, luckily, I got to work and had coworkers pray for me and then I got into my classroom and got lost in my first graders and life melted away a bit. What a blessing.
Today, my husband is taking me out on a date. It's been a while and this time together is much needed. This helps cheer me up (along with antibiotics)! It's true that God gives us a helpmate. What a perfect word to describe a spouse. We need each other. To be uplifted. To survive. To encourage. To love. It's amazing how much better things can seem with just a little understanding and perspective. My mom once told me that life is 10% situations and 90% perspective. It always stuck with me and helps me to remember that "this too shall pass". So, after sitting at the pharmacy drive through waiting for our prescriptions and typing this post, it's time to enjoy a date! Thank you God for getting me through yesterday. Today was much better.
Pics from Saturday. Cliff coaches Tip's soccer team. This day wore me out...lots we had to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment