Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Oops I Forgot, Guess I'm Lupie

So last night we ended the evening with dinner on the back porch and drinking a beer while we watched the kids play together and giggle for at least an hour. I love spring time.

 
So far today, Tip and I spent the day in Memphis, an hours drive away, getting end of the teacher gifts purchased and collecting all of my freebies! I picked up 3 dresses and 3 camisoles from Oldn avy for just $1.25 (I had a $30 gift certificate I earned from using my Old Navy card last month)! Then I also picked up two free birthday presents from TJ Maxx for a birthday party Ella McCray has coming up this weekend. I love couponing and I'll never go back to shopping normally. I started couponing because I was at home, with my kids but also ill from my Lupus and unable to work, and because we also had a LOT of medical bills. This was my way of helping cut costs. And it did. I love it.  This week I am teaching a friend, who is a stay at home mom, to coupon and I am so excited to pass this skill on to someone else. In case you are interested, here are my favorite blogs and websites for couponing. These sites give you all the information you need to get started, organized, and they list the sales at each store along with what coupon to use and where to find them!
 
1. My favorite site: The Krazy Coupon Lady. This is the first site I would recommend. If you use only one site, this would be it! But because they are based in CA, I also use the next site for local stores (like Kroger).
2. My Memphis Mommy is great. Each big city has their own My..Mommy site (lie My Atlanta Mommy, etc). This is great because they know all of the regional stores, which are most grocery stores, and I use Kroger all the time since they double coupons up to $.50
My Memphis Mommy
3. I also like Saving and Sharing for Christ. This is a wonderful site because she does a lot of charitable things with her shopping and teaches you and pushes you to give back through your couponing.
365 Days of Kindness
4. The last two sites I visit daily are www.coupondivas.com, which gives a great coupon database as well, and then I also check facebook pages each day. I have slowly added the brands I use one at a time and now I'm alerted when they have a coupon available. I also have more facebook couponing blogs like How to Have it All, that I look at when I'm online.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment