Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Walk for Lupus

Okay, so I just realized that the post I wrote and thought I posted a couple of days ago about The Lupus Walk, really never posted. So here it is!

So we made it:) I raised $2,170 and we had a great time at the walk and collected all our prizes (a shirt, hat, blanket, walk sign, a team banner, and a pair of walking shoes or a DVD player). Last year we came for the walk but no one in my family wanted to go because the weather was yucky so we missed it, much to my disappointment, and the year before it was a struggle for me to make it the one mile. This year was a different story. I could have walked all day, maybe even ran, so this year it wasn't about proving to myself that I could make it through the walk, this year it was about having a good time and raising money to give back.

We also had a great Friday night. We went to Music on the Square with the kids. This was our family fun night away from home. First, we ate pizza and had balloons made, then we walked around the square and found my sister, also there to hear the music, and then we ate ice cream and played on the playground. Altogether, it was a perfect evening together.

And of course I had my infusion Friday morning. I never have any trouble with it, I am just drained the next day and require rest...more so then usual. I could sleep all day if I didn't have the kids with me:) But I was able to sleep until 10 and I took a nap with the kids before the walk.

Now we are heading home. We only have two more weeks until school is out for the summer...hard to believe.









 
























This was me on the way to my infusion...fuzzy, but again, I'm trying to take more pictures of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment