Monday, May 20, 2013

The Gift of Gratefulness

We had a women's meeting for our church today and it was about looking at life and seeing your "gifts" or blessings from God. We talked about a book called "1,000 Gifts", and one of the ladies said how hard it was for her to be grateful, that her life was so busy that it was hard to see all of life's little blessings through the day and then she asked "Is it just me, or does everyone else else have a really hard time being thankful?" I paused and thought to myself, then I said out loud that I know we can always slow down and be more grateful, but I guess having lupus has changed my perspective enough that I am grateful for so many small things each day. The biggest blessing God has ever given me was my lupus.

Today I am grateful for the biggest life changer that has ever happened in my life. Of course I love my husband and value our children, and the day we were married and the day our children were born were life changing days, but my disease has shaped and molded me into a better and stronger person for these people whom I have been blessed to have in my life. And I will always see my disease as a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment