Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hiatus

So I have to apologize that I have not posted in FOREVER. I have a good reason, I have finally felt great for the first time in five years and I've just been busy getting back to life!!!

We have swum, played at the park, and been busy all day long everyday...that's a big achievement to me, someone who is used to using all of my "spoons" by 11:30 or 12:00. I also have accepted a teaching position at my daughter's school teaching 1st grade and am tutoring my dear sweet Lucy (one of our friends who has beat cancer!!!) three days a week, and I am rarely taking naps!!!! Every day seems to get easier, sometimes I think it's because of my wonderful doctor and my Benlysta infusions, and sometimes I think it's because I've been obedient to God and he has blessed me in return.

I like being busy again and being able to do what I want each day rather than having to do only what I can and having so many limitations.

If you are reading this and have Lupus, please be encouraged that you can get your life back...no matter how serious your Lupus is. I am an example of what God and good medicine (and a great doctor) can do. If you are on Benlysta, please be encouraged as well...I know everyone's body is different, but I had doctors tell me they "didn't know what to do for me" anymore after we had tried all the medications on the books for Lupus and RA. And the Benlysta change has been gradual over the last year, it was not immediate, so keep at it. Do not give up, and trust your instincts because they are probably right. You know your body better than anyone else.

Oh, and here are a few pictures from the past month!


Ella McCray and her Pre-K teacher, Mrs. Charlie, on the last day of school.

Going to Pre-K graduation!
 
Ella McCray and our cousin, Pres, climbing trees in GA when we went for my last treatment.

We went out for a date with Mommy after my infusion...we ate pizza on the square and then got ice cream and played on the playground...they had a blast!

We have two new kittens!!! Ella McCray slept on the floor with them for the first two nights...that's my girl! Meet Fancy and Starlight.

I am trying to get them ready for school next year, so this morning we worked on letter recognition for Tip and ABC order for Ella McCray by having a letter scavenger hunt in the house in full costumes (well, maybe not full...)Tip is Wyatt from 'Super Why' an Ella McCray is Princess Pea!

We went swimming with our friends Jack and Lucy. We love the water!

Ella McCray and Lucy

We also played softball this year...and man is that demanding...for the parents too!


We collected some eggs to take to the lake for the weekend we were spending there with our wonderful friends, The Fords. And no, I did not take any pictures at the lake;(
 
We also collected blackberries down by the river I'm sure Cliff will appreciate this picture!

Ella McCray was in heaven, she loves the outdoors.

Riding home from picking on the 4-wheeler.
 
Tip and I went to the park and played while Ella McCray went to VBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment