Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer time

So yesterday was a success! I made it through our anniversary without a problem from my Lupus! And thanks to my mother-in-law, we had a night alone!! This was only the second night we have had no kids over the past 5 years!!!! And I wasn't too tired to stay up! And my stomach wasn't the cause of dinner being cut short. We went out to eat and then drove through the corn fields and listened to all the songs we listened to over the past 13 years that we have been together (we've only been married for 7 of those years). It was wonderful. I actually felt young again. I felt like my old self, my pre-lupus self;) I truly hope that everyone who has Lupus can have days like this. To remember what it feels like to feel good...I am truly blessed. I have had a couple months of feeling "normal" again, and I hope that it keeps on like this. Again, this is all due to my treatment of Benlysta. If you are not on it and you have Lupus, talk to your doctor as soon as possible...it makes life livable and enjoyable (although it took one full year of treatments to get where I am now). I feel like I can be me again and not have to consider my Lupus in every decision I make...so this summer, we are going to go camping with our 3 and 5 year old, and swim...in the sun...as much as possible, and I'm not napping, and I will do as many things in one day as I can fit in!! I am loving this summer! Glory to God for all the blessings He has given me!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment