Monday, June 17, 2013

Anniversary

This year has marked two anniversaries for me...the first was May 24th, the day I was diagnosed with Lupus 5 years ago and then today, June 17th, my 7 year wedding anniversary. It would be dishonest to say the first didn't effect the second! Last year, our anniversary supper was cut short because my NSAID's had eaten away the lining of my stomach and I couldn't keep anything in my stomach. So it's a big jump to say that this year, for our anniversary, my lupus will not effect what we will do tonight! It's great to feel good. Each time I get up in the morning and I am pain free, I stop and thank God for my blessings. Not just the blessing of being pain free, but the blessing of Lupus and for enduring the pain so that I can appreciate the days when I feel none! God is so very good to me. I hope that I am obedient enough to my Lord that He continues to bless me and that I continue to see the blessings in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment