Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another Day

Today was just another day. Nothing extraordinary, nothing horrible, nothing really eventful. Sometimes this is blessing enough.
After having moments that are physically painful, and family events that are life shattering....having a normal day is very welcomed. 
My normal is still a "Lupus" normal, but that's not bad. I have had some joint pain, which is my most common side effect. I have had limited mobility (with pain) in my right shoulder, but otherwise I have felt good today.
I have done a handful or errands, household chores and painted with my kids, all before making dinner and picking vegetables from the garden. For someone with a chronic illness this is a very successful day. I also have done some work in my first grade classroom. I am truly in love with my job and look forward to getting my new class this year and having a ball learning with them this year. After not being able to work for a few years, God has blessed me with an exuberant joy for being able to work and use my spiritual gift. 
So yes, sometimes having an ordinary day can be fairly extraordinary;)
Here are some of my sweeties from last year while we were studying States of Matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment