Friday, July 18, 2014

Lots of Lupus Pros, and One Con


Every day is a gift from God. I am thankful for my chronic illness. No, you heard me right. I feel blessed for the understanding and compassion it has given me for the rest of my time here on this earth. I truly believe that God has a purpose for each if us, and through my sickness, I gained a closer walk in my faith. I also believe that God uses my illness in my life to help others and I am humbled to be a door for which He can walk through. As a matter of fact, sometimes, I feel badly for people that haven't faced a health problem. It sounds a little backwards, but I feel as if they can't live their lives to the fullest until they really understand what they could loose. This was a picture from my backyard the other evening as the sun set and Cliff and I celebrated our 8th anniversary (but we've dated and been together for 15 years) as we watched our kids play together.
We also have a new addition to our family, a bunny named Samson. So now we have three cats and a bunny (that's awesome because we had 23 last month)!
They love playing together;)
But there is a part of this chronic illness that I do NOT like at all- the weight gain with my meds. I hate looking at pictures of myself, this is one of the only ones I have from this summer. Now I'm on a mission-to loose 20-30 pounds. I have recently come off of my birth control, since it causes an increased risk with my blood-clotting disorder, and that has thrown my thyroid out of wack...and in turn I've gained a lot of weight. So I've started The 21 Day Fix. A healthy portioning and exercise program that has you eating the correct serving sizes or fruits, veggies, protein, and carbs. I'm working really hard, so I hope it helps. I need to call and make another appointment to have my thyroid levels rechecked and my medicine adjusted. I'll feel much better once I get this under control. CONTROL! I need some control of my body here.

No comments:

Post a Comment