Friday, January 30, 2015

Kittens Were Born

So yesterday Ella McCray and I were home from school since she was sick. It was actually a beautiful winter day and about 65 degrees, so we got out in the yard and on the front porch swing a bit to get some much needed fresh air. Ella McCray even played with the dog and climbed a tree. It's amazing how resilient kids are, even when they are sick;)
 Note to self: Being ALL out of your sleeping medicine is not very smart...must call pharmacy or doctor today. Being on steroids everyday for the past 7 years, I HAVE to have something to counteract the prednisone so I can stay asleep at night. I woke up bright and early, well it was actually still dark out, to the sound of kitten meows...our cat had her kittens..7 so far!!
The kids were so excited. We always had animals growing up, but we always had them fixed. There is something so amazing about watching the whole process of life coming into this world. I truly believe that every child should experience this at least once in their childhood. It teaches gentleness, compassion, the delicacy of life, and the amazing ability of our God. They were mesmerized and we sat together and watched as a few of the kittens were born. Tip didn't want to leave for school, in fear that he might miss part of the births. He is only 4, and this is his last year in preschool, so I caved and let him stay home with us today. Then I watched the sun come up and grabbed my first cup of coffee for the morning.
 My favorite mugs to use are the ones with the kids pictures or artwork. I made this cup for my husband for his birthday this year...but I knew I'd get to enjoy it a bit too! Well, and I knew he wouldn't make one for me;)
(Not a great picture of myself but I'm trying to take more pics with me in them despite the fact that I do not like looking at myself...I look like a different person these days...30 pounds heavier than I'm used to).

No comments:

Post a Comment