Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back in Kansas!

So glad to be home and able to post on my computer!!!! Today had been boring...which is great. My Lupus seems to be flaring, maybe due to trying to come down on my steroids, but that makes things a bit harder, or more painful. So my goal was to take it easy today. I HAD to go to the grocery since we were out of all fresh fruits and veggies and milk! And my kids LOVE milk. But otherwise we have taken it easy...no other plans, not even dinner.

My goal right now is to pay bills, organize events, and start planning for  The Walk to End Lupus in Atlanta.
                                 Event Logo
 We always raise money and walk in the GA Lupus Walk. I do this for three reasons: 1. I want to help raise money to cure Lupus, 2. The Memphis chapter is not very active, 3. My family is from Marietta (15 from Atlanta) and the GA chapter has personally helped me find my AMAZING doctor and donates every bit of the money raised into furthering discovery into education and medicine to help cure Lupus (they work a lot with Human Genome, which is based in GA and also manufactured Benlysta, the med I am currently on and the only medicine targeted and designed to treat Lupus). So, this year, Cliff and I are designing t-shirts to sell and raise money and we are also having a fundraising event at our house in April to raise money for the walk. I helped two years ago raise over $5,000, but have been on hiatus the last bit, so this year I'm trying to hit the ground running! I'll post more once I have t-shirt designs back and my site up and going!








No comments:

Post a Comment