Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Walk to End Lupus

     So I'm getting ready for my annual Walk for Lupus.                                       
.

Event Logo

 














I am from Marietta, GA and my rheumy is in Atlanta, so every year I go to Atlanta to participate in The Walk to End Lupus. I will also have to say that the GA chapter was part of the reason I was able to get in to see my AWESOME rheumy...so I am forever indebted to them (but they also raise more money in the Atlanta Walk than any other city in the US and give proceeds directly to Human Genome- the company who makes and manufactures Benlysta- to help with the study and development of new drugs to treat Lupus).

In the past two years, my involvement in the fundraising process was not what I wanted it to be. Between tutoring a sweet 5 year old that was diagnosed and treated for medullablastoma (Cancer) and then being too tired, I have been preoccupied with bigger life issues. So this year I am hitting the ground running. I feel great...thanks to Benlysta! And it's time to do my part to help find a cure! I have started a team called Cissy's Soles, and my goal is to raise $5,000 this year for the walk. Right now, I'm just at $275, but any amount, no matter the size, can help me reach my goal. Please visit my page and make a donation if you or a loved one has been effected by this terrible disease.

www.lupuswalkatlanta.com/cissysoles

I have also designed team t-shirts to wear at the race and sale, with all of the proceeds going to the LFA, GA Chapter. If you are interested in ordering one, please contact me and let me know! They are $16 and the shirts are a sport fit in heather grey. They are available in adult and youth sizes;)

 
Now, Cliff and I are gearing up for our Annual Crawfish Boil and Walk for Lupus Fundraiser on April 20th!! I'm so exciting and I can't wait to post pictures and our outcome for donations!!
 
Spicy Crawfish Invitations
(This is our invitation...but not our personal info!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment