Monday, April 22, 2013

Catch up

So I've been so busy the past couple if days...here is a quick recap of the last 5 days...just recapping them makes me exhausted (and yes, a butterfly rash has been spotted this week:()

It was warm enough to get the "pool" out for the kids...yes, this looks a little country!

Fun in the sun

Our cousins even came by for a bit of water fun;)

Jumping beans

Every year, Cliff catches wood bees (the ones with yellow dots on their heads and they DO NOT sting)and ties dental floss to them and the kids will "fly" them around the yard. They love this...and yes, this is past country, this might be redneck fun!


Ella McCray and I curled up on the front porch swing with a blanket after naps and watched it rain.
 

YES, THIS IS A BUTTERFLY RASH....this happened last spring. I'm starting to think that it is from finally getting out of the house after winter and being in the sun for the first time in a while. Photosensitivity stinks. I have even kept sunscreen on and haven't been exposed for a long period of time.
Ella McCray had her first softball game. She cried on the way and didn't want to play because she might mess up, but once she got a hit and a run, she was happy!!


Tip and Mary Denton helped cheer the girls on while eating popcorn.
 
Prayer after the game. This is one reason I love where we live. It is in a rural southern farming community and God is still the center of everything.

On Saturday morning, we had the Go Lucy Go Race. I took the kids this year without Cliff (he stayed at home and cooked all morning for our craw fish boil and Lupus Fundraiser later on today). I did it though. I pushed these two in a stroller for three miles in under 52 minutes!!! I am proud of myself. I was the LAST person to cross the finish line last year....so I was determined to finish well this year and I was in the middle so a couple hundred people came in after me!!

Me and my friend Jen (she is who introduced Cliff and me over 15 years ago in college)


Ready for the race!
Ella McCray and her teacher Mrs. Charlie

Ella McCray and Tip with Andi Catherine, our assistant at school

Tip was ready to finish being pushed through the race so that he could make it back to the kids area and get his face painted and jump in the bouncy houses!


Dinosaur
Tip and Jack, Lucy's little brother and our friend


Ella McCray was very proud of her butterfly
 
Ella McCray and our friend Faith


When we got home from the race Daddy was working on some gumbo and craw fish....and NO I did not take one picture at the party;( I was too busy. But it went wonderfully. We had over 50 people, sold 71 shirts, and made almost $2,000 to donate to The Lupus Foundation of GA for the walk next Saturday!!

We also found out the next morning that Tip is allergic to shellfish. When he got up in the morning his eyes were almost swollen shut;( Poor baby. He won't be having anymore gumbo or craw fish next year;( Thank goodness for Benadryl.

And today is Earth day, so we went to Wal-Mart and got herbs to make an herb garden. Cliff also tilled up the garden and let the kids help him plant.


And lastly, we used recycled products/trash to paint bird feeders for the yard!
 
 
See what I mean, that was a lot. It's no wonder I have had two butterfly rash sightings this week. The first one stayed for a day and now I developed one after the race on Saturday and its still here! But I'm also subbing at the preschool today and tomorrow for the principal. But I still feel pretty good. The race made me comment on what a difference a year can make. Last year I was limping and had trouble breathing and it was all I could do to finish the race, this year I did it alone and did better then half the people there. That's thanks to Benlysta!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment