Thursday, August 21, 2014

All My Efforts...






So here is what my effort and energy has gone into over the past year since I have been feeling great, thanks to my BENLYSTA infusions!!! This is my classroom at Tipton Christian Academy in Covington, TN. I teach first grade and love every minute of it. I also ADORE where I work...God surely had this planned for me. They are loving, kind, caring, and understand my illness and allow any accommodations I might need along with prayers if I have to be out! I love bright fun colors and want for the room I spend most of my time in to be happy, 8 hours+ a day, as well as wanting my kids to love where they are.

   








Today was better than yesterday. It started off slowly. I was still very tired from yesterday. I think I had a bit of a bug yesterday along with my infusion....but after 4 cups of coffee and a coke I am feeling much better. I'm going to wrap up what I can here and go home to work from bed. I'm a perfectionist and after not being able to work for 5 years, I want to do what I love and still do it well! I strive for perfection and normalcy, but I know that I still have Lupus and that I might never be able to do all the things I could do before. I'm going to have limits now, no matter how good I'm feeling. Plus, I have to remember to take it easy sometimes, especially the day after my infusion.
A really good self reminder from a self confessed 'perfectionist' - those expectations are the only true disappointment.

1 comment:

  1. Just found this blog and I resonate with so much of what you say. Your perseverance and belief that God is good (even in the bad times) is encouraging to more than you might realize. I will be keeping you in my prayers. You may not know what lies in store for you. However, you can be assured that we serve a God who not only knows your deepest joys and pains and fears, but that he will lead you through them.

    ReplyDelete