Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Infusion: Date with Ben Today

So today was my infusion date for my Benlysta. It was a rough day, which usually its not. I woke up last night throwing up and I had a sore throat...I figured I have whatever is going around our school right now. That's part of going back to school;) Whenever I'm tired and exhausted my immune system seems to be allow bugs and viruses in! So this morning, on my way to my infusion at 8 o'clock in Jackson, I felt horrible. Everything hurt. Exhaustion set in. Overall ickiness.
Once I got in the doctor's office, my blood work came back with activity in my white counts...uh oh, anyone who takes infusions knows that at his time I'm beginning to panic and think they won't give me my infusion (which I need badly)..luckily I didn't have a temperature so he allowed the infusion to begin...AHHHH!! But my sweet infusion nurse had a hard time with my veins today. They blew three times and I am bruised all over and very sore...it turns out that I had taken Benydryl last night because of allergy issues and that made it VERY HARD to get my catheter in my veins and to get my IV flowing. Arghhh...the good thing is that this has never happened before and I will make sure that I never take antihistamines before my infusions in the future. After starting my infusion, my fever started. I feel yucky and came straight home to sleep. I'm still sitting in bed now and feel like doing nothing. I'm grateful that Cliff picked the kids up and is entertaining them somewhere else right now so that I can rest.
Looking fairly sad as I lay in bed and sip on my treat for the day...a coke from Chick-Fil-A
I'm reminding myself right now not to feel sorry for myself...when I get exhausted and feel bad it is easy to become a bit emotional....but I am lucky. I am lucky to have help on the days of my infusion. I am lucky to have a husband who can take care of and love on our babies. I am lucky to have good veins and not need a port. I am lucky that needles don't bother me. I am lucky that my doctor's office is only 1 1/2 hours away now instead of 6 hours. I am lucky to not be in the hospital. I am lucky to be healthy enough to teach first grade (even if I'm worn out right now). I am lucky to be receiving my Benlysta infusions and that it helps get me back towards normal. I am lucky that God has carried me through my journey with Lupus. I am lucky that my organs still work. See, so many things to be thankful for! I'm going to end on that note because wallowing isn't my style;)
Bad Day
             Just a hard day, not a bad day.Diy Home decor ideas on a budget. : Having to Re-Invent Yourself this Day and Age... I Had a Bad Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment