Friday, August 22, 2014

Who Makes Your Days Worth It??

well, duh
     So life isn't meant to be lived alone. God gave Eve to Adam and the disciples to Jesus (even Jesus needed a little help-lupies please remember this because I know I have a hard time asking for help but somehow knowing that even Jesus needed helpers makes me accept help a little easier...sorry to digress). He made us to need each other and to even compliment and complete each other. We have no purpose in life if we are alone. There would not be anyone to enjoy, to laugh with, to help, to lead, to love, to lean on, or to LIVE with. The people we are surrounded by are our strengths and even sometimes our weaknesses.
     I had never felt there was a purpose for my life until last year. I had prayed that God would lead me to my purpose, his will, while I was here on earth. I knew that my Lupus was a gift through which I was supposed to reach others....whether through the actual illness or through the perspectives that came along with my chronic illness. But I felt sure that this was my gateway, or my door, that I was supposed to walk through. I knew that something and someone laid on the other side that I was supposed to reach . Funny...but 6 1/2 years after my diagnosis and 2 years after beginning my Benlysta, I can look back and see a handful of different situations where I know that God used me to help someone else on their journey. How could you look at that and not feel appreciative??
I have to say that I do have people in my life that are like drains. They suck out from you what they want or need and do not send anything back your way (other than complaints), but I try not to focus on this.
     So I ask you, who could you help with your story? With your experiences? All of our stories are different, but the common thread is that we are all people. We are all people that need each other. We are all people that need to feel loved, understood, accepted, and nurtured. Put aside your troubles and pain for a minute and remember what the purpose behind it all is....you were meant to go through these experiences in order to help others. Besides wouldn't it stink if you thought that all of life's pains were pointless? For nothing? Every day is a choice. I choose to see my life as a positive, as a mission, as a gift. God has just given me different gifts then others. So in the end, God makes each day worth it for me. My family makes each day worth it to me. The people in my life make each day worth it to me. They put the us in Lupus. And I choose to be grateful and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment