Monday, February 11, 2013

Exhaustion

#lupus #lupusproblems lol

So today, I have crashed. My exhaustion is ridiculous. I cannot explain it to someone who does not have an autoimmune disorder, the only thing I can begin to compare it to is the flu or being pregnant. You take that exhaustion and whole body pain and multiply it by 10, that's about as close as I can come to explaining my exhaustion and I'm not sure that does it justice. If you have a spouse or a loved one with an autoimmune disease....and they weren't a dramatic person before they were sick, please understand that they are NOT exaggerating their symptoms...it's really that bad.
So needless to say, after watching four children today and wrapping up PTO obligations, I have crashed....mac and cheese for dinner and beer for mom! And yes, my children are eating on trays and watching t.v. Sorry, but I'm worn out.
Speaking of beer, or pain management, I should mention that I spoke to my rheumy's office today and they said they didn't see the results in my biopsy saying that my skin condition came back showing Lupus...until 15 minutes into our conversation, then she saw that the fax had been jumbled up and that the doctor might have over looked it when he decided no extra treatment was needed. They also told me that I have no other arthritic medicine options, because everything that is a NSAID will eat away at my stomach, since they have already begun doing that. The new meds they put me on, that aren't working, are my only option...but the nurse practitioner told me I should just take more pain meds! Right, because I have two little bitties that depend on me on a daily basis....I can't dope myself up on pain meds. This all makes me very frustrated. Why can't there be an easy answer that makes me feel better??



#lupus






No comments:

Post a Comment