Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Spoon Theory

So last night after I had posted, I ran across something called "The Spoon Theory". It is a visual explanation of what Lupus is like...I thought it was right on the mark, so I thought I'd share this...I'm also going to have my husband and my close family members read it too because I think it will help them to understand what Lupus feels like.

 
How many spoons do you have today? #lupus
How many spoons do you have left today?
 
This theory tells my story today. I didn't take my stomach meds since I'm no longer on my NSAIDS that cause the erosion of my stomach, but I should have thought about it enough to realize that there is already damage to my stomach and I still need my stomach meds. So, all morning I have had to adjust my morning around nauseating, extreme stomach pain and diarrhea. I was planning on taking Tip to IHOP for a date with Mom, but I had to derail because I can't stay away from the bathroom for more then 15 minutes. I also now don't get to eat breakfast or lunch...which means no energy...which means I don't get to go to WalMart to look for t-shirts (Ella McCray and I are going to Disney World with my Mom and sister next week and I wanted to get shirts appliqued with Minnie), but the rest of my day will be spent recovering from my mistake this morning. Very frustrating. To add more, my rheumy called back and said they don't want to add chemo now because my skin condition is just in the beginning stages...and just to take more Aleve and pain meds.

I'm running low on spoons today....I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment