Saturday, February 2, 2013

GenerosiTEA for LeBonheur



Today we had the privilege of going with one of our dear friends to a Tea Party that benefited LeBonheur Children's Hospital. We have a dear friend, Lucy, that is now 6, but when she was 4, she was diagnosed with medulloblastoma (cancerous brain tumors) that spread throughout her sweet little body and covered her spine. She fought for her life for last past 1 1/2, and is cancer free and doing great. LeBonheur & St. Jude were her home for this time. All of the girls had a blast! They painted nails, did hair, arts and crafts, iced cookies, dressed up for pictures, ate a wonderful lunch and we even got to buy our very own "real" tea set. This was a great day. I had some wonderful mother-daughter time with a great group of ladies....I will admit that I am hurting unbelievably today. Exhausted. And this event made me a little sentimental and I miss my Mom...I think I'm a bit emotional today. But I will also say that seeing a good bit of children that have been through medical issues and had to fight for their lives, makes me super appreciative to have Lupus...because its me, not my children, and that makes me happy.



Here's the girls dressed up like princesses and still for a moment!



Here's Ella McCray and our friend Lucy getting ready for their picture.


Lucy and Ella McCray decorating cookies


Making bookmarks.
Ella McCray decided to have a tea party with Tip when we got home with her new tea set.
 
 
To sign up for the Go Lucy Go Race for our friend, Lucy Krull's, honor..please visit this site!
Or you can visit The Go Lucy Go Foundation to make a donation to benefit LeBonheur Children's Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment