Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chuck E Cheese was our Highlight Today!

Well, today I must admit that two days ago I discovered a couple disappointments with my Lupus. First, I had run out of my new sample medicine, Limbril, but that didn't seem to be a big deal because I didn't think it had been working for at least the first 6 weeks I was taking it. Turns out, on the upside, that it was working because now I am in a lot of joint pain and discomfort. Yeah, I think. This is only the second medicine through the last five years that helped with my arthritic symptoms, and the first (and possibly only) other medicine that will not tare my stomach up!! So yay, I hurt!! At least this means that we found something that works....on the other side it is new and although we have insurance, I'm sure there is no generic and I don't know how much this will cost. I guess it couldn't be more expensive then the Benlysta infusions I get once a month...a whopping $8,000-$10,000 each time!!! My insurance company must love me. The second thing is that I noticed the other day that I have 9 bruises right now, which isn't that big of a deal. I have a factor eight deficiency caused by my Lupus and it flares up with my Lupus...but I didn't realize I was bruising (two marks are from holding my arms when I cross them), but this lets me know even though I've felt okay lately there are still things going on internally that I cannot see...this is just a sign;(

On a happier note, we went to Memphis today to meet one of my old friends whose husband is doing some temporary work in Memphis and they been uprooted and moved here until June. I'm sure it stinks for them, but I sure was glad to get to see my friend Shea...and all of the kiddos had a blast!

























And yes...those are stickers in his hair. They played hard and both fell asleep in the car on the way home!! We all had fun. I enjoyed watching them laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment