Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day of Resting

So today we woke up...with help from the alarm clock, since the time changed last night. We had committed to cooking breakfast at church this morning, but since everyone in our house was sick, other than me, I ended up picking up donuts and serving them alone at church while Cliff stayed home with the kids. I have to say that I love our Sunday School Class too! We are reading a Chip Ingram series (this is our 2nd series by him) and they are great. If you are looking for a great Christian growth series, any of his would be fantastic.
Balancing Life's Demands, 2 DVDs and Study Guide This is one we are studying right now, but we already completed "Effective Parenting in a Defective World". After church, I went and did my couponing....this s wonderful for me. It is my way of helping to provide for our family since I don't provide an income. I have found that God has blessed us with this...even with my husband between jobs, we still have a full freezer and pantry and are able to donate food to our church food pantry each week.. I know that God will bless us in return since we are willing to trust and give even when we are uncertain about how we will provide next week.

On a different note, today is a bad Lupus day. I have been doing well this past week, but today I woke up in a lot of pain. My face was swollen, I felt hungover and I hadn't had a thing to drink yesterday. My right shoulder hurts to pick up my coffee cup, my stomach is uneasy, my back hurts too, and that's just within the first 10 minutes of waking up! I was so tired that a nap was a necessity today, even though I have a list of things that I needed to be doing...I had to give in to my disease today and that's still frustrating, even after almost 5 years.
Bad flare day :( #lupusflare #lupus #lupusinspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment