Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Today has been a wonderful day. God is good and today was a day to celebrate Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross for our sins.

I will say that I missed two things today....Cliff and being at our church. The kids woke up and were excited to see what the Easter bunny left. Ella McCray was excited to find a trail of cottontails leading to their baskets and Tip only cared about the pile of jellybeans next to his basket:) It was nice to see their excitement.

We ate lunch at my sister's with our family and it was wonderful. My mom cooks better than anyone else...but I guess most people think that about their mother's cooking! We had dressing, gravy, deviled eggs and so much more. I loved every minute of it. Before we left, I did our resurrection eggs that tell the story of Jesus's death and resurrection. I want to make sure that my children know what Easter is really about and to have a love for Jesus.

Today was a great day, but I miss my husband and our home. Tip even asked to "go to his white house with his striped bed" tonight when I put him to bed. We are all ready to head home in the morning. This has been a wonderful Spring Break/Easter/Infusion trip, but there's no place like home.

On a lupus note- doing ok, but I figured I'd be a little bit "better" right after my infusion. I've had a lot of pain...my knees, shoulders, hips, elbows. I also have had a strong sharp pain in my left ear and pains in my side (I guess that's where that saying comes from). Maybe I haven't rested enough, or maybe I'm flaring, or maybe I need to start my arthritis meds?? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Oh well, we'll see how tomorrow goes:)















No comments:

Post a Comment