Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thankful Today

As I sat down to post pictures from today, I am feeling grateful. I can go and do without having to worry about my energy level or pain. A year ago, this would not have been possible. I would have to consider how much energy it would take to go to the park and worry about the sun. But because of my Benlysta I am able to do things like "normal", well almost! Normal compared to life with lupus.

Today we lounged in our p.j.'s and napped. After our naps, the weather was nice, so I decided to take the kids to the park. I'm glad I did. They laughed and ran and then we fed the geese and ducks and I truly am thankful for the time I get to spend enjoying my children. We cuddled in the grass next to the pond and I just watched them smile and get excited about the geese. Then we swung by one of my favorite bakeries, Gabriel's (where I worked for a short time a long time ago), and picked up treats! Ella McCray has been asking to go back to a bakery since the other day when we went to a cute little French bakery in town to meet one of my friends. She now loves bakeries...smart girl:) She is her mother's daughter. Then we went up to the square and ate at Marietta Pizza Co. and the kids got balloons. Ella McCray had one made like Ariel (pretty amazing) and Tip got a helicopter. All together today was wonderful. To cap it off, I gave the kids an Easter Hunt Bath with grass, bubbles, and eggs filled with shaving cream (thanks again to Pinterest). They loved it...now we are heading to bed so that the Easter Bunny can come! Today was a good day. As we get ready for Easter tomorrow, my heart is just filled with love. I am so grateful that Jesus died in the cross to save me and I am grateful that God has blessed me so much with my wonderful life and loved ones. I am so lucky.























No comments:

Post a Comment