Friday, March 1, 2013

Snow in TN

These two cuties were our dates tonight for Dessert Date Night!! We all made our own flavored milkshakes and cuddled on the sofa...and yes, I'm sorry about Tip's lack of clothes but he got hot after running around and is half dressed for these pictures. But my family is the most important thing in my life and I want to make sure that I enjoy them and give everything I have to them each day.
 
 
So it's snowing right now!!! I truly hope we wake up to a white landscape in the morning....being in the south, it's nice if we get snow once a year!



 
 

I also am still eating well (other than dinner tonight because we met up with a lot of our friends and kids for a fun night while the dads played poker) and remaining physically active each day. I am determined to lose weight and feel better. I need to research Lupus diets...I know there are certain foods that can cause inflammation, like red meats and night shade vegetables...but I wish my insurance would pay for a personal trainer or gym membership and a nutritionist!!
Okay....just surfed the web and came across this site: The Lupus Recovery Diet.
The Lupus Recovery Diet: A Natural Approach to Autoimmune Disease by Jill Harrington, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008H1EHEO/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_FTY8qb15209EA
It is a book that details how to rid yourself of Lupus with your diet....I'm a bit sceptical, but I'll try anything to stop my pain right now;( I think I'll check this out in the library on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment