Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pushing Through

Sorry I didn't post this morning, I was a substitute teacher today at my daughter's preschool and was up and out the door pretty early. I had a rough night last night....constant stomach issues that kept my awake through most of the night, then to make it even better, I began hemorrhaging this morning before I left. So I can say I needed today. I needed to be distracted with normalcy. I miss teaching and hope that I might be able to go back to teaching kindergarten next year at my daughter's school. That's also why I want to start chemo, the possibility of remission and a shot at being normal!
So after teaching 14 4 year olds, we came home at noon (and brought one of our sweet classmates with us). Then it was on to lunch for 3 kiddos and nap for the 2 year old. The girls played in their playhouse until our friend's mom got here around 3:30. Now, I'm making spaghetti to take to a friend tonight. I've also made enough to send some to our sweet elderly neighbors, and a friend who lost his mom to COPD just last month and a bit for us. I'm trying. Trying to do good for others who need it. There will come a time when I need help from others. I know it...and it might not be far away. Plus, doing things like I have yesterday and today- nonstop- makes me feel normal again. Now, all the hurting and stomach issues, and the fatigue sure make me think that the Lupus has won after these two days, but I refuse to stop living my life or give up things that make me who I am.

Another crock pot night. Making my Mom's spaghetti for everyone.

I also made a "Me Box" for my sweet friend we're taking dinner to tonight. She is going through a divorce with three small children and I want her to know that her friends love her! I packed it with a lot of things to pamper yourself (fingernail polish, bath salts, candy, razors, make-up, etc.). I hope this makes her feel loved and that she knows God will get her through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment