Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sundays are Restful

Restful isn't a word I use that much. I am always resting or napping, but I am still always tired. ALWAYS. Having a 2 and 4 year old and being a stay at home mom has allowed me the luxury of napping when I need to...which has been about everyday for the past five years. I'd like to say that before Lupus, I do not remember ever taking a nap! I am not lazy. But because my immune system is in hyperactive mode, always attacking my own cells in my body, I am always tired. Its comparable to how you feel when you're sick or have the flu...tired and achy, you could hibernate in your bed and not get up all day long. Luckily, I have  two terrific reasons to get out of bed each day, my children, Ella McCray and Tip.
Today was a restful Sunday. It has been peaceful and I'm committing to making my Sundays this year a "No Work" day. I'm going to start crock pot meals for Sunday Supper and try to take it easy on couponing. I want to enjoy my family, because they deserve time with me as much as I want time with them.
So far today, we have gone to Sunday school and church and now, after an easy lunch, the kids are sleeping. I have found that looking a deadly chronic disease in the eye, means that my time to thank God for my blessings is super important. I will not miss my time at church unless one of us is sick. I want God to know that I feel lucky and blessed and that I am committed to doing good things for others while I'm here. No matter how long or short that time is. I believe that God is good and that Lupus happened to me for a reason, and I hope I can use my life in some way to help others.


These are my babies...they make the US in LupUS more important. They both stand a chance of develpoing Lupus as they get older, so it's important to me that I set a good example for them to know how to push through things and to always be grateful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment