Saturday, January 19, 2013

Today

Today I got up tired, just like I do every morning. I am never fully rested. I could sleep all day, but life calls and I'm answering. My two sweet children need a mom to lead them through the day. So up and at 'em! My day always starts with my thyroid medicine, then I have to wait one hour to eat or drink anything else. One long hour later, my coffee is waiting on me, calling me! I need it. The caffeine helps wake me up a bit. After my coffee, I'm on to the rest of my meds. 10 more pills to choke down...but now I'm ready for the day!! My 4 year old asked me why I have to take so much medicine, and I tried to explain to her, without scaring or tainting her, that mommy's body needs these medicines to stay healthy...how else do you explain it? I don't want her to know how I really feel. I make a point to never complain in front of my kids. Mostly because they have a 25% chance of developing Lupus later on in life, and I do not want them mimicking my symptoms because they've heard it. I want to know that if they are complaining of a symptom that could be Lupus related that it is genuine.
So on with my day...life is short and you never know when it could be your last. I try to live my life through my Lupus, as if it doesn't exist other as a reminder of how fragile we are. I hope today is a good day. I'll let you know!


Ella McCray & Tip dressed up as Red and Wyatt from Super Why! They put the US in LupUS for me today...together we can get through this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment